Tuesday 7 June 2016

Stalker by Lars Kepler - Book Review

Hi all!
Today I have finished reading Stalker by Lars Kepler and I thought I'd write a little review about it. It is the fifth book in the Joona Lina Detective series, and I absolutely loved it. "Lars Kepler" is a pseudonym for the Swedish writing duo Alexander Ahndoril and Alexandra Coelho Ahndoril. The other books in the series are called The Hypnotist, The Nightmare, The Fire Witness and The Sandman. I have read all of these titles and they are just brilliant. Extremely well written, and it does make me wonder how writing as a team actually works. It flows so beautifully and is such a captivating book, you really do not want to put it down. 
The thins I love most about these books are the short chapters. It makes it very easy to read and does not ramble on and on. It is packed full of action without going too quickly to make sense of what is happening. The changing perspectives keep it fresh and interesting, and although the book is 523 pages long, it never felt like it was dragging. The main character - Joona Lina - is back after being presumed dead, and this book revolves around his struggle to readjust to normal life, along with trying to save the public from a stalker while he is not officially employed in the police force. There are many brilliant twists and turns in this story, and I am usually one who can predict the outcome of these types of books, but it sure surprised me! I just can't rave enough about this book, you have to read it! 
The only thing that did slightly disappoint me with this story was the ending. I won't spoil anything, but it felt rushed after such an action-packed 500 pages, and the injustice of the ending just left me feeling a bit sad and disappointed. The only thing I hope is that they write another one in the series, and soon! But having waited 2 years for this one, I'm not holding out much hope. It is a bit of a shame when you love a book so much to be left feeling a bit glum about how it is left, but I might just try and forget the last couple of pages! But please don't let that put you off, it is such a good book, and I 100% recommend it. 
Thank you so much for reading!
Until next time,
Jo.




No comments:

Post a Comment